Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A truffle recipe easy enough for kids, but yummy enough for us :)
- 16 ounces guittard dark chocolate (melting chocolate)
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons madagascar vanilla extract (no water added)
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt Guittard chocolate according to package directions.
- Once apeels have melted, add half of the whipping cream; stir thoroughly.
- Add remaining whipping cream; stir.
- Add extract; stir until ingredients are completely mixed, cover.
- Allow ganache to harden at room temperature (about 2 hours).
- Using truffle scoop, scoop out ganache and hand roll into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Outer Coating 1 lb. (1 and 1/4 bags) dark chocolate In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate according to package directions.
- Working rapidly, drop ganache center into melted chocolate.
- Cover entire truffle center.
- Lift out dipping tool.
- Remove excess chocolate by tapping truffle on the bowl and place it on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Put truffles in the refrigerator for a shiny outer coating.
- Fill 2 oz. squeeze bottle with the white melted chocolate. Drizzle over truffles in a crossing pattern. Once dried, place truffles in Truffle Cups.