Easy Decadent Truffles
photo by Pismo
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until well blended. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until no streaks remain. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll truffles in ground walnuts (or any ground nuts), cocoa, coconut, confectioners' sugar, candy sprinkles, etc.
- To flavor truffles with liqueurs or other flavorings, omit vanilla. Divide truffle mixture into thirds. Add 1 tablespoon liqueur (almond, coffee, orange) to each mixture; mix well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are so excellent that I cannot make them fast enough for my family, nor work. I roll them into balls and then immediately roll into chosen topping to be sure they coat and stick. Our fave toppings are nuts, sprinkles and drizzled in white chocolate. <br/><br/>I also tried an oreo truffle recipe from this site, but could not compare to the rich flavor of this recipe and so easy to make.
Easy. Decadent. Heavenly...I am so glad I gave these a try! I only made a half batch to test for a shower I'm throwing, and I couldn't stop eating them. I used flavor oils instead of vanilla, and the butter rum and strawberry ones were the best. I could not taste the cream cheese flavor (I used 1/3 less fat and they were fantastic), they were just so rich and wonderful. I had a little trouble getting pecans to stick, coconut as well, the best coating is the classic--cocoa powder. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a wife and mother of three in Nacogdoches, Texas. My love for cooking came from my grandmother, who was a fantastic cook. Unfortunately, there isn't much time for making elaborate meals in my house. My job with the local newspaper takes up a lot of time. So, often I would rather cook a quick meal and spend the free time I have with the kids. On the weekends, though, we usually go all out and make special dishes.</p>