Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy to make, one of my kids favourite desserts.
- 1 chocolate swiss rolls or 1 butter chocolate cake
- 4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons custard powder, mix with
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (820 g) can peach slices in syrup
- 2 (90 g) boxesinstant jelly crystals, any flavour
- Slice chocolate roll/cake and arrange to cover 9" x 13" glass dish.
- Drain the peach slices and sprinkle about 2 to 3 tbs of its syrup on the cake.
- Custard; mix milk, sugar and custard and stir over slow heat until thicken. Mix vanilla and egg yolk, stir. Remove from heat, mix butter.
- Pour custard over the cake and spread out the custard all over the cake so that there is no gap.
- Arrange the peaches slice on custard.
- Make the jelly according to the packing instructions. Pour over the custard and peaches.
- Cool in the refrigerator.
To cut corners, use store bought ready made custard.Add glace cherries to peaches, or use canned fruit cocktail instead. I also add grated peppermint crisp chocs to the custard layer. When second layer of jelly is set, put whipped cream ontop, garnished with peppermint crisp and cherries. Awesome!