Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 9 slices poundcake (enough to cover bottom of 11x7 baking dish)
- 3⁄4 cup strong brewed coffee (room temp.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 chocolate-covered english toffee bars, chopped
- Cover bottom of 11x7 baking dish with pound cake.
- Drizzle coffee over the cake.
- Beat sugar, syrup and cream cheese in bowl until smooth.
- Add whipping cream.
- Beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Spread over pound cake and sprinkle with candy.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour but no more than 24 hours to let top set.
This is a very rich and filling dessert. It makes a whole lot and a smallish piece goes a long way. The prep work was very simple and would make a great potluck take-a-long. I made this for my Mom's birthday dessert. It was well received. Thanks for sharing HKGriffith. :)
This is a wonderful dessert! I use this one for a lot of my Italian meals. :)
This recipe was easy and absolutely delicious. Its a very pretty dish too. The only thing I did different was I bought a bag of already chopped toffee chocolate candy (in your bakers aisle). I will be making this again, many times!