Recipe by SarahCKS
This is one of my favorite curry recipes. It is incredibly easy but tastes like it took hours to make. It's a great starter curry for anyone looking to venture into the world of curry cookery for the first time. This is a versatile recipe; I've made it with both chicken or red meat, so I leave the meat choice up to the chef.
- 1 lb meat or 1 lb tofu, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon oil, for sauteing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, minced
- green chili, minced, to taste (optional for added spiciness)
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste (I use Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1 lime, juiced and rind grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute the meat (or tofu) with garlic and ginger root (and chilies, if using) in oil for a couple minutes.
- Add the curry paste, coconut milk, lime rind and juice. Simmer until meat is desired tenderness, or until tofu is heated through.
- Stir in the cilantro just before serving. Serve with rice.