Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my favorite curry recipes. It is incredibly easy but tastes like it took hours to make. It's a great starter curry for anyone looking to venture into the world of curry cookery for the first time. This is a versatile recipe; I've made it with both chicken or red meat, so I leave the meat choice up to the chef.
- 1 lb meat or 1 lb tofu, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon oil, for sauteing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, minced
- green chili, minced, to taste (optional for added spiciness)
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste (I use Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1 lime, juiced and rind grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet, saute the meat (or tofu) with garlic and ginger root (and chilies, if using) in oil for a couple minutes.
- Add the curry paste, coconut milk, lime rind and juice. Simmer until meat is desired tenderness, or until tofu is heated through.
- Stir in the cilantro just before serving. Serve with rice.
This was good, but missing something. We added a little sugar, I think it needs fish sauce too. Simple but not quite what we were looking for.