Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an easy dish when you are craving Mexican.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 cup colby cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- olive, sliced (optional)
- Brown beef in skillet. Drain fat.
- Add salsa, mayo, chili powder (or taco seasoning) to beef mixture.
- In an ungreased casserole dish, layer half of the meat mixture, then half of the chips and half of the cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Top with lettuce, tomato and olives.
This dish is perfect for nights when you are in a hurry. The taste is great...a real kid pleaser. I often keep ground beef in the freezer that has been cooked with Mexican seasonings. I now have another recipe that will put it to good use. We did make one slight change in the cooking of the recipe, and that was to use a 1/2 cup of sour cream in place of the mayonnaise. We will definitely make this dish again.