Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is a little different than the rest of the Sweet Potato pies already posted. It uses convience foods from your pantry for a wonderful result.This is from Family Circle magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pie crust mix (from an 11 ounce box)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons ice cold water
- 2 (1 lb) cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk, not evaporated
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cool Whip or whipped cream
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine piecrust mix and pecans.
- Stir in just enough water until dough forms a ball.
- Place in 9 inch pie plate.
- Press evenly over bottom and up sides, not on rim.
- In a large bowl mash sweet potatoes.
- With a whisk, stir in condensed milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour into piecrust.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake until center is set or knife comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let pie cool on wire rack.
I tried this recipe last night and even though im not a big fan of sweet potatoes my family loved it.