Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet pastry for single pie shell or tarts
Make and share this Easy Sweet Pastry Dough recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, and salt (if using) into a bowl.
- Toss butter into flour mixture to coat pieces. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour, working it until you have created a coarse meal with a few pea-size pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and vanilla. Whisk together, then add gradually to flour mixture, stirring with a fork. Mix with hands until dough forms a ball.
- Knead the dough to make it smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough and shape to pie pan or cut out rounds for tarts.