Sweet Pastry Dough
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix flour, salt and sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Mix beaten egg yolks,ice water and vanilla together.
- Mix into flour mixture until pastry just holds together.
- Knead in plastic wrap until smooth.
- Flatten; chill 1 hour.
- To partially blind bake: Set oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake 15 to20 minutes, weighing pastry down with a layer of foil and dried beans.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an architecture student who dabbles in art and history. I have far too many hobbies for my own good and a less than hectic lifestlye.