Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe that uses only 3 ingredients, one of which is water.
Make and share this Easy Sushi Rice (In Rice Cooker) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups medium grain rice (Nishiki or Calrose brand, use the measuring cup in your rice cooker)
- 3 1⁄4 cups water (or water to the 3 mark on the rice cooker)
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned rice vinegar (more or less, to taste)
- Put rice and water into rice cooker (put rice in first, then add water until the 3 mark on the cooker is reached). Push button to start cooking. When done, button will pop up and light change to "warm.".
- Let the rice sit in the cooker without opening the lid for about 15 minutes to complete steaming.
- Put rice into non-reactive bowl (glass, stainless steel, wood, etc -- ), pour sushi vinegar over rice and toss gently with rice paddle to mix vinegar into rice. Note: please be gentle so you do not mash the grains of rice. Also, each grain should have been coated with the vinegar and achieve a shinny sheen, add more as needed).
- Fan the rice to cool as you are mixing in the vinegar.
- Use in rolls, sushi or to accompany sashimi.
Great recipe, rice turned out perfect.
Super quick and simple. The rice turned out great for my California Rolls! Thanks!
Super easy and lovely way of making sushi rice! Make sure you use seasoned rice vinegar, as it totally makes a difference ;]