Sticky Sushi Rice
photo by Pneuma
- Ready In:
- 3 cups Japanese-style rice
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash rice well and cook in the rice cooker.
- Put vinegar, sugar, and salt in a pan on low heat until the sugar dissolves. Cool the vinegar mixture.
- Sprinkle the vinegar mixture over the rice and fold the rice gently.
- To cool and remove the moisture, use a fan as you mix.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I don't usually write reviews, however.... This is the BEST recipe for sushi rice I have ever found or used. I have made it at least 6 times and each time it makes perfect rice. I use real whole sugar not white or brown, real whole cane sugar).The use of mirin gives perfect flavor every time! People, it is VERY hard to find REAL Mirin. Most of what is called mirin is salt and sugar added to rice vinegar. That is NOT mirin at all. Find and pay for the real thing, it is WELL worth the trouble.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I like food