Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fast, easy stuffed zucchini. I make this in the summer when the zucchini are fresh and abundant. It makes a great light meal with some fresh bread to mop up the sauce, or as a side dish. This recipe is easily doubled!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut off knobby ends and cook zucchini, whole, in boiling salted water for 10 minutes.
- Cut in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out insides with a spoon.
- Saute onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes; add tomato sauce and heat through.
- Stir in breadcrumbs.
- Mix spices and stir into sauce mixture.
- Add zucchini pulp.
- Fill zucchini shells with mixture, top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool before serving; eat with knife and fork.
- The skin of the zucchini is the most nutritious part!
- Don't be afraid to eat the whole thing!
Very yummy, loved it! The zucchini I used were not very large which I kind of liked because I could easily cut them in half for a single serving. My daughter went crazy for this and she is not a huge zucchini fan. Made exactly as written and I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for this great recipe.
Made this A LOT during the Summer of 2009 with zucchini abundance from the garden. DELICIOUS. Realized I had not rated it. It is 5 star worthy. Boiled the zucchini on the outdoor grill gas eye and baked it in a toaster oven (near the outdoor grill) to keep the heat where it belongs...outside.
Loved it! I added half cup of chickpeas to up the protein content a bit, and used monterey jack instead of parmesean cheese...and it was great. My husband suggested stuffing a pepper rather than a zucchini since he's not thrilled with zucchinis, so I'll try that next it. Thanks very much!