Fast, easy stuffed zucchini. I make this in the summer when the zucchini are fresh and abundant. It makes a great light meal with some fresh bread to mop up the sauce, or as a side dish. This recipe is easily doubled!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut off knobby ends and cook zucchini, whole, in boiling salted water for 10 minutes.
- Cut in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out insides with a spoon.
- Saute onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes; add tomato sauce and heat through.
- Stir in breadcrumbs.
- Mix spices and stir into sauce mixture.
- Add zucchini pulp.
- Fill zucchini shells with mixture, top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool before serving; eat with knife and fork.
- The skin of the zucchini is the most nutritious part!
- Don't be afraid to eat the whole thing!