Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Topped and filled with strawberries and whipped cream.
- 2 1⁄3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- sweeten strawberry, sliced
- whipped topping or whipped cream
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Stir Bisquick mix, milk, sugar and butter until soft dough forms.
- Drop by 6 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Split warm shortcakes.
- Fill and top with strawberries and whipped topping.
- (Sweeten strawberries before making shortcakes so sugar has time to dissolve;for each quart of sliced strawberries, stir in 1/2 cup sugar).