Recipe by Sharlene~W
An easy to make fresh strawberry pie.
Top Review by kimcreed001
My family enjoys Shoney's Strawberry pies, but they are not inexpensive. I tried this recipe and they went NUTS over it! I made 2 more the next day and 2 more the day after that! They can't get enough. I even substituted splenda and sugar-free jello just to see how it would work for diabetics....it was fabulous....my family didn't even notice! Definitely a winner at my house!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry gelatin powder (recommend Jello)
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring sugar, water and cornstarch to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook stirring constantly for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in strawberry gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove from heat; chill 2 hours.
- Arrange strawberries in pastry shell and pour gelatin mixture over.
- Cover and chill 2-4 hours.
- Serve pie with whipped cream if desired.