Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
An easy to make fresh strawberry pie.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry gelatin powder (recommend Jello)
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Bring sugar, water and cornstarch to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook stirring constantly for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in strawberry gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove from heat; chill 2 hours.
- Arrange strawberries in pastry shell and pour gelatin mixture over.
- Cover and chill 2-4 hours.
- Serve pie with whipped cream if desired.
My family enjoys Shoney's Strawberry pies, but they are not inexpensive. I tried this recipe and they went NUTS over it! I made 2 more the next day and 2 more the day after that! They can't get enough. I even substituted splenda and sugar-free jello just to see how it would work for diabetics....it was fabulous....my family didn't even notice! Definitely a winner at my house!
This was just that EASY!!! The pie has enough sugar in it to compensate for berries that might not be too sweet. The longest part of this pie is waiting for the mixture to cool down. I didnt change a thing and that is quite rare for me. Some people may want to use a graham cracker crumb crust but for me..... I have to go with the standard pie crust. I always make them home made. Thanks I really enjoyed this one.
Just had to do a review for this pie. I have been making this same pie for years and it is DH's favorite. He will give a stranger the shirt off of his back, but when I make one of these...he will hide it from the kids!!!!