Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Just like my grandma used to make. A thick and hearty meal!
- 1 lb ground round or 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 gallon water (8 cups)
- ground pepper (no salt)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup canned tomato (optional I don't use)
- 5 beef bouillon cubes
- Melt margarine and stir in flour.
- Add 2 cups water.
- Add all but meat and set aside.
- Sauté steak until brown.
- Drain grease and add to other ingredients. Simmer 1 ½ hours.