1/15 Photos of Easy Spicy Shrimp Pasta - Low Fat
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Romantic little recipe for two that wont leave you too full to flirt! Yummy garlic and wine sauce coat the shrimp and pasta. A salad and some crusty fresh bread would be very nice with this and a nice chablis or chardonnay wouldn't hurt either! I came up with this after totally revamping a recipe found on healthycookingrecipes.com. "PLEASE adjust the seasonings to make it perfect for you and DO let me know how you change it up." Enjoy! UPDATE! As listed yes the portion is quite large as you would find in a restaurant. Feel free to reduce the amount of pasta to save calories. We always have leftovers which is fine by me! I remove the shrimp to reheat. Zap pasta in micro for a few minutes then add the shrimp on top for about 20 seconds to remove the chill! Also feel free to experiment! More tomatoes, canned tomatoes (just use organic or add a pinch of sugar) less red pepper, more red pepper. You get the idea. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces pasta, any kind
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, about 2 Tbsp juice
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (adjust to taste) or 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, diced (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tomato, chopped
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1Boil the pasta in salted water until it is done to your liking.
- 2Drain well reserving about 1 cup of pasta water.
- 3Place pasta in serving bowl or divide among two dinner bowls.
- 4While pasta water is heating zest and juice lemon and prepare all ingredients. This recipe will go FAST!
- 5After adding pasta to boiling water, sprinkle a small amount of olive oil in a cold nonstick skillet and smear around with your CLEAN fingers. (Massage oil left on your fingers into your hands - it will make them silky soft.).
- 6Turn heat on to medium high and let the pan warm for a minute or two. You want the pan to just be warm when you hold your hand over the surface.
- 7Add the shrimp, garlic, onion, lemon rind, and pepper and cook stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes. Shrimp will just start to turn opaque but not yet pink.
- 8Add tomatoes, salt, basil, lemon juice, and white wine. Stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. (If using dried basil crush in hand before adding to pan to release oils. A different herb can be substituted if you prefer- just use the same quantity.).
- 9Add in as much of the 1 cup reserved pasta water as you like- if any- to make as much sauce as you would like.
- 10Taste sauce and adjust seasonings to your taste. If you would like a more onion or garlic flavor, add onion or garlic powder.
- 11Spoon over drained pasta and garnish with fresh black pepper or additional pepper flakes if desired.
- 12Other nice garnishes would be a little chopped parsley or green onion as well as a sprinkling of fresh grated parmesan.
- 13Light the candles, top off the wine glasses and serve!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Spicy Shrimp Pasta - Low Fat
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 1821.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 31.8 g