Recipe by Judith Fraser
This is a very simple marinade with two hours of fridge time before cooking. Excellent in pocket bread or over rice.
Top Review by drinkmore
Great tasting and easy meal! My husband loved this. The only thing I didn't add to this was the sherry, personally I didn't miss it much, maybe cause I don't cook with it enough. My husband wants more juice next time but I think it turned out great. We served it over riceThanks for a great easy recipe!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine or 1 tablespoon wine
- 4 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch pieces combine soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, garlic and sugar.
- Put chicken pieces into the mixture and refrigerate for an hour or two.
- When ready cook peppers and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil.
- Remove from skillet and cook chicken pieces in 3 tablespoon oil.
- When the chicken is cooked, add water to it and stir to thicken.
- Return vegetables to the chicken in skillet and serve in Pita pockets or with rice.