Recipe by Lambkyns
I finally managed to get Aunt Barb to divulge her recipe! Serve with rice or a nice crusty bread to dip in the tasty sauce. PLEASE NOTE: When adding chicken base, it must be low salt or salt free (depending on your own tastes)...or recipe will be very salty.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces shrimp (small)
- 6 ounces scallops (small)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chicken base (LOW SALT or SALT FREE)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley (can use fresh)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium/high heat.
- Add garlic and onions.
- Stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and scallops.
- Continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add wine, basil, red pepper, chicken base.
- Allow to simmer 2 minutes.
- when cooked the shrimp will turn pink and the scallops will be opaque.
- Add butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley and grated cheese.
- Toss with rice.
- (Any extra juices/sauce may be used for dipping bread).