Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is so simple and so good. Goes great with any kind of meat and vegetable. Adjust the amount of ingredients according to the size of your casserole dish
- 4 potatoes
- 1 medium onion (optional)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk (low fat or fat free is fine)
- Start by slicing the potatoes about 1/8-1/4 inch thick.
- You may peel them first if you like.
- In a casserole dish, lay down a single layer of potatoes.
- Put some onion of top if you like.
- Sprinkle lightly with flour, salt, and peper.
- (If you like it really creamy, add more flour) Place 2-3 tabs of butter on top Repeat the layers to the top of the casserole dish.
- Pour the milk over the top of the potatoes until the dish is about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375F for 1 hour.
This is a great go to recipe. I screwed up and added foil to the top as I put a ham steak on the top when I baked it. My fault. The taste was spot on. Thanks for sharing. Easy to assemble.
These are just like the scalloped potatoes my mother used to make many years ago. She didn't use a recipe and I was never quite sure of the flour and milk ratios, so I was happy to find this recipe. I've made them several times exactly as the recipe states and they are delicious. Thanks for the recipe!!
Such a great easy recipe! I love that you don't have to make the sauce in another pan. And it really is lower fat than the norm. I also like that is uses just 4 potatoes, perfect for my family and a cute little casserole dish.