Recipe by Leslie in Texas
I got this recipe from my friend, Jenni, many years ago after I sampled it at a get together. The squares may be frozen after baking and reheated at 300° for about 20 minutes.
- 1 lb bulk hot sausage
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage and onion, crumbling sausage as it browns. Drain well.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl; add sausage and onion mixture and blend together well.
- Pour/spread mixture in a greased 9x13-inch pan and bake in a preheated 400° oven for 25-30 minutes. Test with a toothpick to see if done.
- Cut into 1 1/2 to 2 inch squares and serve while hot.