Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthier than the ones I grew up with, and just as good
Make and share this Easy Salmon Cakes W/ Creamy Dill Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Creamy Dill Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 15 ounces canned salmon, drained
- 3 tablespoons egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 3⁄4 cups fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine mayo, yogurt, scallions, lemon juice, dill or parsley, & pepper in small bowl. Mix well & set aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in nonstick skillet over medium. Add onion & celery; cook 3-5 minutes until softened. Add parsley & remove from heat.
- In large bowl, flake apart salmon & remove any bones & skin. Add egg whites & mustard; mix well.
- Add onion mixture, breadcrumbs & pepper; mix well. Shape into 8 patties, 2-2 1/2" in diameter.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil skillet pan over medium heat. Add patties and cook on one side for about 3 minutes till golden brown. (Do not cook on second side).
- Turn patties over onto baking sheet, uncooked side up.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until top is browned and cooked through.
- Serve with dill sauce and lemon wedges.