Mims & Squims's Note:
Healthier than the ones I grew up with, and just as good
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Creamy Dill Sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 15 ounces canned salmon, drained
- 3 tablespoons egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 3/4 cups fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2Combine mayo, yogurt, scallions, lemon juice, dill or parsley, & pepper in small bowl. Mix well & set aside.
- 3Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in nonstick skillet over medium. Add onion & celery; cook 3-5 minutes until softened. Add parsley & remove from heat.
- 4In large bowl, flake apart salmon & remove any bones & skin. Add egg whites & mustard; mix well.
- 5Add onion mixture, breadcrumbs & pepper; mix well. Shape into 8 patties, 2-2 1/2" in diameter.
- 6Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil skillet pan over medium heat. Add patties and cook on one side for about 3 minutes till golden brown. (Do not cook on second side).
- 7Turn patties over onto baking sheet, uncooked side up.
- 8Bake 15-20 minutes until top is browned and cooked through.
- 9Serve with dill sauce and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Salmon Cakes W/ Creamy Dill Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.1
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.7 mg
- Sodium 607.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs