Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Pralines are delicious and always were something I liked to eat. I never made them because the recipes were too complicated. This changed when I got this from "Cooking New Orleans Style". Now I make and eat them and don't have to wait for DH to go to Louisianna on a business trip.
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix, not instant
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 cup pecan halves
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium sized saucepan.
- Cook over medium low heat stirring and bring to a rolling boil.
- Cook slowly over low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in pecan halves.
- Beat until thickened.
- I use a wooden spoon.
- If the mixture gets too thick while beating add drops of evaporated milk.
- If the mixture is too thin just beat a little longer.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed papeeer.
- Let cool.
- Wrap each praline in plastic wrap.
Amazingly easy and just as delicious!