Growing up in an Irish household, this is how we liked to eat our mashed potatoes. This is true comfort food to me!
- Ready In:
- 4 large potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the potaotes, drain and mash them with the cream and 4 T. of butter.
- Meanwhile, while potatoes are boiling, saute the shredded cabbage in 3 T. of butter until soft. Add scallions and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Combine the cabbage mixture with the potatoes and season to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Yum! I've made this twice. The first time I made it for St. Patrick's Day, and I followed the recipe as directed. It was delicious. The second time, I made it healthier(because I want to make this more frequently): I cooked the cabbage in olive oil with just a bit of butter added. I also used less butter, and replaced the cream with 2% milk(I just poured a little in), in the mashed potatoes. My sister and I are vegetarians, but my son is not. We all enjoy this!