This is another MIA recipe that I found after several decades. I made these for Stephanie's Bat Mitzvah reception and now she is a Mommy with 3 children. They are easy to make because the dough is refrigerated flaky biscuits separated into layers and the mashed potatoes are made from instant potato flakes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in chicken schmaltz or vegetable oil until lightly browned.
- 2Combine all ingredients except biscuits and mix well, the mixture should be the texture of stiff mashed potatoes.
- 3Separate biscuits into layers.
- 4Place 1/2 teaspoon of mashed potato mixture in center of biscuit layer and roll up, I bring the outside edges up into the center instead.
- 5Place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with Pam.
- 6Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown.
- 7Can be frozen before baking.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Potato Knishes
Serving Size: 1 (1465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 253.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: