Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another MIA recipe that I found after several decades. I made these for Stephanie's Bat Mitzvah reception and now she is a Mommy with 3 children. They are easy to make because the dough is refrigerated flaky biscuits separated into layers and the mashed potatoes are made from instant potato flakes
- Saute onion in chicken schmaltz or vegetable oil until lightly browned.
- Combine all ingredients except biscuits and mix well, the mixture should be the texture of stiff mashed potatoes.
- Separate biscuits into layers.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of mashed potato mixture in center of biscuit layer and roll up, I bring the outside edges up into the center instead.
- Place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown.
- Can be frozen before baking.