Recipe by RuthlessWr
I got this recipe out of the newspaper while I was in graduate school in Tallahassee. I wish I'd written down who created it, but I've lost that information years ago. This is a family favorite and goes over well with kids. It's also almost embarrassingly easy.
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Nice soup and quite thick and filling, even though I made this with low-fat chedder, 1% milk and half a tablespoon butter to save calories. The cheese seemed to have blended well with the rest of the soup, which doesn't always happen with some cheese soups. Perhaps because I used less butter, the vegetable mixture started sticking to the bottom of the pan after about 8 minutes of simmering so I started adding the rest of the ingredients then. My only suggestion is to add some salt to taste. I served this as a vegetarian main dish with a vegetable side. Thanks for this quick and easy soup.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 cup broccoli floret, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water, butter, corn, carrot, onion and pepper to a boil in a 3 quart saucepan.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in soup, then milk, cheese and broccoli.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese melts and serving temperature is reached. Do not boil.