1/2 Photos of Easy Potato Cheese Soup
I got this recipe out of the newspaper while I was in graduate school in Tallahassee. I wish I'd written down who created it, but I've lost that information years ago. This is a family favorite and goes over well with kids. It's also almost embarrassingly easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 cup broccoli floret, cooked
- 1Bring water, butter, corn, carrot, onion and pepper to a boil in a 3 quart saucepan.
- 2Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in soup, then milk, cheese and broccoli.
- 4Heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese melts and serving temperature is reached. Do not boil.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Potato Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.7
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.8 mg
- Sodium 1083.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 13.5 g