Recipe by Martha B.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. I think this is one of easier recipes to follow and put together that I make and it taste good to. I scaled it down from a recipe that was given to me about twenty years ago, and added leeks. Just make sure you clean the sliced leeks in water.
- 1 (20 ounce) bagfrozen Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 large leek (sliced and diced)
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice the white part of leek and dice, put in small bowl of warm water to clean.(sand should go to bottom). Add potatoes, soup, cleaned leeks, milk, and 1 cup of cheese to a large casserole dish and mix together, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for 30-40 minutes or top is golden brown.