Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This makes a great side dish. Serve it along with your chicken, pork or tritip. A great alternative to mashed potatoes.
Top Review by lauralie41
I did use only about half the sour cream for this recipe after reading Nimz's review. This worked out well and we enjoyed the potatoes. I also added some black pepper, lemon pepper, and garlic powder to the sour cream mixture. I baked the potatoes for about an hour than topped with the crumbs and baked the additional 15 minutes. A nice side dish!
- 1 (16 ounce) sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) frozen southern style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F Mix sour cream, cheese, soup and onions in large bowl. Add potatoes; mix well.
- SPOON into greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- BAKE 45 minutes.
- Toss crumbs with butter; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake an additional 15 minutes
- Variation Southwest Style Easy Potato Bake
- Prepare as directed, using KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Cheese, adding 1 can (4 oz.) undrained chopped green chilies to the potato mixture and substituting 1 cup crushed tortilla chips for the crushed corn flakes.