Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This spaghetti and meatball recipe is soooo good! I made this using the ingredients I had on hand one night and it turned out to be the best I have made. This is now my spaghetti and meatball recipe & best of all, it's easy! It's so good, that I crave it.
- 2 (1587.57 g) can tomato sauce
- 737.08 g jar spaghetti sauce
- 340.19 g can tomato paste
- 236.59 ml red wine (I used Merlot)
- 29.58 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml hot pepper flakes
- 29.58 ml basil
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml basil
- 14.79 ml oregano
- 2 piece toast, crumbled
- 1 onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1. Saute 1/2 of the onion on the stove at low to medium heat until onion is translucent.
- 2. In a seperate bowl, mix beef, egg, toast, 1 T. basil, 1 T. Oregano, and sauteed onions. Roll mixture into golf ball size balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- 3. In a large pot, saute the other 1/2 of the onion and garlic. Add tomato sauce, Ragu spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, wine, 1 T. oregano, 1 T. basil, and 1 t. hot pepper flakes.
- 4. When meatballs have finished baking, add them directly to the spaghetti sauce (this step is important for the flavor of the sauce).
- 5. Simmer sauce for at least an additional 20 minutes until flavors are well blended ( the longer the better!).