Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Everyone says this tastes like completely homemade. It's really really light and delicious and great for summer.
- Prepare the cake using the directions on the box to make a 2-layered cake (you'll need two cake pans).
- Let it cool completely.
- Refrigerating the cake so it is cool will actually keep the cool whip from running.
- Slice strawberries.
- Spread Cool Whip on the flat side of one cake and top with about half the sliced strawberries.
- Put the second cake on top and cover the entire cake with Cool Whip.
- Top with second half of sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate until serving.