Recipe by Miss Annie
This candy is a must for gifts, parties, or special occasions, especially if your time is limited. NOTE: The butterscotch chips will NOT melt. When they are soft, they look shiney. Do not overcook, as the chocolate will burn. You may use more peanuts if desired. I usually throw in more to make sure the last pieces have some nuts in them.
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
I made these and they were soooo easy! I put them on my Christmas goodie plates, and everyone loved them. I got several calls for the recipe. I actually did use different chocolate (ghiradelli) and they turned out fine! THanks!
- 1 (6 ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (1 cup) or 1 (6 ounce) package milk chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 (6 ounce) can salted peanuts (1 - 1 1/2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave chocolate and butterscotch chips in a 2 quart glass dish for 5-6 minutes on 60% power, or until melted.
- Watch carefully!
- (They don't actually melt, but look very shiny).
- Add peanuts and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoons on waxed paper.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator.
- I have used different chocolate chips other than Toll House, and they do not work well.