Recipe by shiple2
This has been in our family for as long as I remember. It is truly "comfort" food to me! Easy recipe for those nights when you are too tired to cook a whole dinner, just add a salad or green veggie, and you have a nutritious meal!
Top Review by Plaisham
hey not bad!! but I learned ooo about 50 years ago that you NEVER use hot water for cleaning up egg dishes...all it does is solidify the protein in the eggs. Always use cold water with egg cleanups
- 1⁄2 lb pasta, of your choice (I like thin spaghetti, angel hair or 1/2 lb elbow macaroni)
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or more to taste. Butter tastes better than margarine, but you may use margarine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta to al dente, according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Add butter to pan, and allow to melt.
- Return drained pasta and mix well with butter.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs well.
- Add the eggs to pan, and mix well.
- Return to med heat, and stir CONTINUOUSLY, scraping egg from bottom, until eggs are scrambled well and cling to pasta. This step goes very quickly, so watch pot closely.
- Serve immediately.
- To easily clean pan, rinse with COLD water. Empty pan of water, and add a generous portion of SALT, and a dot of dish detergent to pan. Scrub with a scrubbie under cold water until clean. Finish by running under hot water or place pan in dishwasher to disinfect.