Easy Shrimp Pasta for Two
This recipe is from kraftfoods.com. It is easy to fix and a great weeknight meal for 2. I made a few changes for my personal taste.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, cleaned (about 10 large)
- 3⁄4 cup roma tomato, chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped, divided
- 1⁄4 lb fettuccine, cooked, drained
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Add the shrimp to a small bowl and pour the dressing over the shrimp; cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade; set aside reserving the marinade.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add shrimp and cook 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring frequently.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp from skillet; cover to keep warm, set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, reserved marinade, cream cheese, red pepper flakes if using and 1 tablespoon of the basil to same skillet; cook and stir 3 minutes until well blended.
- Add the shrimp; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Place the hot fettuccine on a large serving platter; top with shrimp mixture, sprinkle with remaining basil and grate cheese over all.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was fantastic! We doubled the recipe and used dried basil instead of fresh. We then had enough leftovers to have it for lunch the next day. To reheat, we started with the noodles and some of the sauce in a frying pan on medium. We added a little bit of half and half (1/8 c? maybe a little more) and another squirt or 2 of balsamic dressing to keep it moist. After the noodles were largely heated, we added the shrimp back in to avoid them turning to rubber. After a minute or two it was as delicious (maybe even more?) than the night before! Thank you for sharing this recipe! We will definitely have it again!
This was amazing tonight thanks Paula. We are currently travelling in what Australians call "the outback" so we have to use what we can get. We bought 5kg of prawns recently, but they are smaller than you wanted and we also had a thin spaghetti rather than fettuccini. I used a tablespoon of balsamic and one of oil for the vinaigrette and regular vine ripened tomatoes. We love sauce, so I added in a quarter cup of pasta water at the end to extend the prawn, tomato, cream cheese mix. This is one of those dishes I wish had never finished or I could eat again tomorrow.
I had to tweak the recipe a bit given what I had in my pantry. I marinated my shrimp in equal amounts of Italian dressing and balsamic vinegar; used stewed tomatoes and 1 tsp dried basil, and spaghetti instead of fettuccine. We didn't put the parmesan on top because it just didn't need it - it was wonderful as it was. Even my toddler enjoyed this one! We'll definitely be making this again.