Recipe by Shelley Lee
This is a super easy and delicious dish using ingredients you probably have on hand. Prep time is only about 10 minutes then it goes in the oven. A great weeknight meal with rice and rolls. If you have more time, you can substitute pounded round steak, diced fresh tomatoes, sauteed sliced fresh onion and mushrooms, fresh garlic, and chopped fresh basil.
Top Review by mama smurf
This was very good. DH loved it!!! I did add some garlic and slivered onions to the gravy and cut the recipe in half for us. I served it over mashed potatoes and recipe#477637#477637 and recipe#456158#456158 for a wonderful dinner. Made for Fall Pick a Chef 2012 tag game.
- 1 lb cube steak
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry seasonings (except basil) and coat steaks on both sides.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet and brown steaks thoroughly.
- Remove steaks to a deep baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Add mushrooms to the pan stirring to brown slightly.
- Pour mushrooms over the steaks.
- Add mushroom soup and undrained tomatoes to skillet and simmer, stirring to gather all browning bits from the steaks. Add basil and stir.
- Pour tomato gravy over steaks.
- Cover and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice or noodles.