This is so easy to do and it is fail proof! The filling is as good as your imagination, try different combinations. Blue cheese adds some zest. I usually make my filling and keep it warm in the oven while I cook the omelette. I often use 3 tbsp whipped cottage cheese instead of the sour cream. I think my favorite omelette is filled with cheddar cheese, jalapeno pepper, crumbled bacon and mushrooms - I fry the mushrooms and jalapeno for just a minute or two and I add the ceddar to the omelette in the last minute of cooking This is a new favorite filling that I just had. I didn't want to make a new recipe because this is the base recipe. - 3/4 cup fried mushrooms, 1/2 cup chopped, cooked chicken, 1tsp hot cajun spice, 1/4 cup shredded lite gouda cheese (or your own favorite), 4 tbsp hot salsa. Fry the mushrooms in a bit of butter or Pam, add chicken & Cajun spice - heat-remove from pan and keep warm-Cook your omelet-add cheese & chicken/ mushrooms when it is just about cooked to one side of the omelet. flip closed, after 1-2 minutes served with the salsa on top!
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- salsa (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- mushroom (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- stir fry mixed pepper (optional)
- bacon (optional)
- tomato (optional)
- sausage (optional)
- shrimp (optional)
- hot pepper (optional)
- Whip the milk and flour together.
- Add sour cream or whipped cottage cheese.
- Add eggs and whisk until well blended.
- Keep in fridge until ready to cook.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat (5-6 on electric stove).
- Spray skillet with lite olive oil or other veggie spray.
- Pour in egg mixture. You do not have lift the egg mixture to let the uncooked run under it will cook perfectly just by leaving it to cook.
- Cover with lid and cook 5 minutes (you do not have to flip it) or until it has risen and is firm on top.
- Meanwhile have your filling ready and warm.
- Place omelette on a warmed plate put filling on it, flip half over and enjoy or place filling on half the omelete in the pan, flip half over and slide onto a warmed plate.