Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have made this many times it's an wonderful easy fudge to make and no a candy thermometer needed, this is rich so a small piece goes a long way, this freezes well:)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (use nothing less than this amount)
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (9 oz)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (or use pecans or macadamia nuts)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 8-inch square pan with foil.
- In a heavy-duty sauce pan, combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt; bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes (this must be timed nothing less than 4 minutes!).
- Remove from heat; stir in the marshmallows, chocolate chips and vanilla, stirring vigorously until marshmallows are completely dissolves.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour mixture into prepared foil-lined pan.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Lift from pan (with foil) remove foil; cut in squares.