Kittencal's Easy Never-Fail 5-Minute Chocolate Fudge
photo by HokiesMom
- Ready In:
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar (remove 2 tablespoons for a less-sweeter fudge)
- 2⁄3 cup 18% table cream or 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 3/4 cup pecans (optional)
- Butter an 8-inch square pan (or line with foil overlapping on the ends to remove the complete block of fudge).
- In a saucepan combine the sugar, cream, butter and salt; bring to a boil (careful the mixture does not run over the pot).
- Reduce heat to medium-low or low and simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring a few times during cooking (start timing after the mixture is at a full boil).
- Remove from heat and add in marshmallows, chocolate chips and vanilla; beat vigorously with a wooden spoon or a whisk until the marshmallows and chocolate are completely melted and combined (this should take about 1 minute or less).
- Mix in nuts if using.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan.
- Cool to room temperature then refrigerate.
- Cut into small squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Sorry all, but this recipe failed me. It should really be called chocolate “sludge” instead of fudge. The “fudge” just never got solid enough even after a night in the fridge. I covered it with plastic wrap so the fridge would not dehydrate it. I followed this recipe exactly and the fudge was never solid enough to cut into little bars or blocks. Perhaps the recipe doesn’t have enough chocolate in it. I don’t plan to use this recipe again.
My husband says it's the best fudge he has ever eaten! And is mom was known for her delicious, secret recipe fudge! I've had 20+ people try it and everyone loves it. I even ask them what would they change about the taste and they have all said there's nothing to change. It's exactly how they like their fudge to taste. It's creamy, not overly sweet, plain good!
see 5 more reviews