Recipe by Brandyberry
I have made nachos this way for as long as I can remember. If there are any leftovers (rarely), I crumble them over a bed of lettuce and top with southwestern ranch dressing for lunch the next day. We eat these at least once a week.
Top Review by georgi
Wow! These were good! I used a larger can of beans and about a half pack of taco seasoning more. Just right for us! They boys all enjoyed it, so I guess that means I'll be making it again. Gotta love a fast dinner option!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 (12 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavor Doritos
- olive, sliced (optional)
- tomatoes, diced (optional)
- green onion, sliced (optional)
- jalapeno, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef until all pink is gone.
- Add taco packet plus 1/2 cup of water and stir until mixed in well.
- Add can of refried beans to taco meat and add water until a good spreading consistency is reached (depends on how thick your beans are.).
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, spread out half of the bag of doritos. Top with 1/2 of the meat/bean mixture and 1/2 of the cheese. Put any optional toppings on now.
- Place the 2nd half of everything on top of the first layer in the same order.
- Bake in a 350* oven for about 15 minutes until all the cheese is melted.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream and salsa.