Top Review by jdriz
I loved this! So easy and really delicious. I had to use extra pie crusts, and word to the wise - definitely let the meat cool a bit before you put it in the pie crust, otherwise it gets gooey and is difficult to manipulate without ripping.
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts, at room temperature
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) container salsa (I use mild)
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- diced tomato
- sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F.
- BROWN beef in large skillet; drain.
- Add chilies, water and seasoning mix; mix well PLACE unwrapped pie crusts on cutting board; unfold.
- Cut each crust in half, making 4 half circles.
- Place 1/2 cup beef filling on half of each half circle.
- Place 1/4 cup cheese on top of each.
- Dampen edge of crust with water.
- Fold sides over filling; crimp edges with tines of fork.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Garnish suggestions: salsa, shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes, sliced green onions.