Easy Cheesy Calzone
photo by Anonymous
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a 12 inch pizza pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray coating.
- Press dough onto foil in pan forming a 12-inch circle.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together cheeses then spoon 1/2 of mixture onto dough.
- Fold dough over filling to form a half-circle. Seal edges, then use the edge of a spoon to make decorative edge, if desired.
- Cut slits for escape of steam.
- Repeat for the other package of dough.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or till filling is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Cover with foil after 10 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before serving. Heat sauce and serve with calzone for dipping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, these were delicious! My husband and I added pepperoni onto the dough with just mozzarella cheese (this time :), the cheese mix you have listed sounds delicious too!) and they were outstanding! Next time, I need to do a better job of making the crust thinner throughout and keeping the toppings thick all the way to the edges, but your directions for these were just great, Charlotte, and the cooking time was right on to the second! The calzones came out golden and the cheese melted perfectly! It was especially helpful having the tinfoil on the pan from the start. It made it so easy when it came time to cover the calzone, saving us a lot of hassle trying to get under the pizza. We had also lightly sprinkled some thyme and a few shreds of mozzarella cheese on the very top of the folded over calzone before baking, which I really recommend, and we served it with hot pizza sauce for dipping! Yum! Thanks for the great recipe!!!