Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have had success with this pie many times, and takes a matter of minutes to prepare with a frozen pie crust. Of coarse you can use your own pastry recipe ...just mix all ingredients together, pour into prepared crust and bake. This pie is sweet, and should be served with whipped cream.
- 1 (9 inch) frozen deep dish pie shell (thawed slightly, or fill the crust and bake it frozen)
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (no substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsley chopped
- Set oven to 350 degrees F (oven rack set to bottom).
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the pie crust.
- In a large bowl whisk together the maple syrup, brown sugar, eggs, white sugar, melted butter, flour and vanilla.
- Pour the filling over nuts and crust (do not mix).
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until filling is set and slightly puffed.
- Transfer to a rack and cool completely.