Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 6 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have had success with this pie many times, and takes a matter of minutes to prepare with a frozen pie crust. Of coarse you can use your own pastry recipe ...just mix all ingredients together, pour into prepared crust and bake. This pie is sweet, and should be served with whipped cream.
- 1 (9 inch) frozen deep dish pie shell (thawed slightly, or fill the crust and bake it frozen)
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (no substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsley chopped
- Set oven to 350 degrees F (oven rack set to bottom).
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the pie crust.
- In a large bowl whisk together the maple syrup, brown sugar, eggs, white sugar, melted butter, flour and vanilla.
- Pour the filling over nuts and crust (do not mix).
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until filling is set and slightly puffed.
- Transfer to a rack and cool completely.
My husband and I loved this pie. It was so much nicer than the ones made from Karo syrup. But, I do need help from Kittencal: the ingredients list 1 tablespoon of flour but it is not mentioned again. In a panic I mixed it in when everything was ready to bake, but I'm not sure I should have. Do you add the flour when mixing the wet ingredients? I am a nervous cook and hope to find out before I make this for Thanksgiving! P.S. My pie was a little too brown at 50 minutes; I'll try 45 next time.
This was very good. I tried it because pecan pie is one of my favorite desserts and was curious about the maple syrup. I made it as written. Came out perfect. I don't think it is better than the original corn syrup pecan pie but it might be as good.
It turned out perfectly! So easy to make.
We were sugaring and had a ton of fresh VT syrup so this was a no brainer.
I used walnuts as that we what we had on hand.
Thanks Kitten Cal!