Recipe by MsSally
Once you make egg rolls the first time, you will realize that they are really easy. This is my take using imitation krab meat instead of shrimp or other meat.
Top Review by Meekocu2
Absolutely a wonderful "baked" egg roll recipe. I used shrimp and green onions in place of imitation crab and regular onion. Baked at 425 for 20 minutes and they came out nice and crispy. Not your typical "fried" egg roll, but when you're craving food that is bad for you and fix it in a way that is good for you, sometimes you don't miss it the other way! Served them with Thai Dipping sauce Recipe #33113. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 20 egg roll wraps (20 or so)
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat (diced)
- 16 ounces cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except egg roll wrappers.
- Place wrappers in a wet paper towel. Keep them covered as you work with them.
- Spray a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Place a wrapper on work surface laying in a diamond shape. Place about 2 T of mixture in center of wrapper. Fold top point to middle, then fold side points in . Roll from top to bottom, place seam side down on prepared pan.
- Continue in this manner till you run out of filling or wrappers.
- Spray tops with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or till golden brown.