Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a one pan mess! I love this because it is so easy to make. I must give credit to the Kraft Foods website because this is where I got the idea from. HOWEVER I did modify the recipe a bit, because first off I didn't write down what I needed and thought I could remember so when I got home I had to improvise. I served this to my somewhat picky husband, and parents and they all got up for seconds! So I'm very impressed! Some pointers to keep in mind. Because this website is picky on wordage it's suspposed to say 2 boxes of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Shells Three Cheese Flavor and not 1 lbs but rather 3 large pieces of boneless skinless chicken breast. I made this in a rather large deep skillet. And will have leftovers for tomorrow. If you're making this for only two people only use one box of mac and cheese, less chicken, less peppers/onions, and less milk/water. Also, what I like to do is have everything chopped up BEFORE putting anything in the pan to start cooking. I didn't really time how long it took me to cook this so I just guessed.
- Chop Chicken into bite size pieces.
- Chop Onions, and peppers seperately into small pieces.
- Coat skillet with olive oil to lightly fry the chopped chicken. (You be the judge of how much oil you wish to use to lightly fry the chicken.).
- While chicken is sizzling, add a dash of Italian seasoning and a dash of.
- pepper. Stir it up to spread your spices evenly on the cooking chicken.
- Once chicken has turned white all the way around on the outside add the.
- onions and peppers. Keep cooking on a medium heat until the veggies are soft.
- and the meat has no pink on the insides.
- Next add the milk, water, shells and cheese packets. Make sure to stir.
- everything well. Allow it to simmer and reduce to a low heat, and cover with a.
- well fitting lid.
- It will be done when it looks creamy, but shells are soft not mushy.