1/3 Photos of Easy Italian Mac & Cheese Skillet
This is a one pan mess! I love this because it is so easy to make. I must give credit to the Kraft Foods website because this is where I got the idea from. HOWEVER I did modify the recipe a bit, because first off I didn't write down what I needed and thought I could remember so when I got home I had to improvise. I served this to my somewhat picky husband, and parents and they all got up for seconds! So I'm very impressed! Some pointers to keep in mind. Because this website is picky on wordage it's suspposed to say 2 boxes of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Shells Three Cheese Flavor and not 1 lbs but rather 3 large pieces of boneless skinless chicken breast. I made this in a rather large deep skillet. And will have leftovers for tomorrow. If you're making this for only two people only use one box of mac and cheese, less chicken, less peppers/onions, and less milk/water. Also, what I like to do is have everything chopped up BEFORE putting anything in the pan to start cooking. I didn't really time how long it took me to cook this so I just guessed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop Chicken into bite size pieces.
- 2Chop Onions, and peppers seperately into small pieces.
- 3Coat skillet with olive oil to lightly fry the chopped chicken. (You be the judge of how much oil you wish to use to lightly fry the chicken.).
- 4While chicken is sizzling, add a dash of Italian seasoning and a dash of.
- 5pepper. Stir it up to spread your spices evenly on the cooking chicken.
- 6Once chicken has turned white all the way around on the outside add the.
- 7onions and peppers. Keep cooking on a medium heat until the veggies are soft.
- 8and the meat has no pink on the insides.
- 9Next add the milk, water, shells and cheese packets. Make sure to stir.
- 10everything well. Allow it to simmer and reduce to a low heat, and cover with a.
- 11well fitting lid.
- 12It will be done when it looks creamy, but shells are soft not mushy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Italian Mac & Cheese Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1087.5
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 110.9 mg
- Sodium 1742.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 147.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 63.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
macaroni shells and cheese