Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
A recipe from my Mr. Yoshida's Fine Sauces Cookbook which I haven't tried yet. This could be chicken kabobs: cut the chicken into cubes and thread on soaked skewers with fresh pineapple cubes. I'd serve this with rice, grilled corn on the cob, grilled tomato halves, and garlic bread. Preparation time includes 30 minutes refrigeration time.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup Yoshida gourmet sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a medium bowl, mix cornstarch with pineapple juice, stirring to dissolve.
- Add Gourmet Sauce, olive oil, and crushed red pepper, stirring well.
- Place chicken in a zip bag; pour marinade over chicken and shake bag.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium low.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring marinade to a boil and simmer gently until thickened.
- Serve chicken with heated sauce.
My DH and my MIL loved this recipe...as did I. I agree the sauce was awesome and though we do like things spicy...there was a bit to much red pepper flakes in it for our taste. We lessen it each time we make it. But the key is, we KEEP making it!!
I made this recipe and there was not a bite left! The sauce was even great the next night on some pot stickers. Thanks for sharing this recipe! It was a huge hit and left me wanting more and thinking about it all day. If you're not a fan of spicy I think you could cut back or leave out the red pepper flakes, but I thought it was perfect!
I let my chicken marinate for 12 hours for fuller flavor. The cornstarch was not added until it was time to made the sauce. DS fired up the charcoal grill for me and DH grilled the chicken. Just the right amount of heat for DH. Made for *Spring PAC 2008* game