Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Got this from a friend at work who brought it in for lunch. YUM! It appears to have come from www.FishermansExpress.com Cook time does not include 2 hours of marinating time.
- 2 lbs large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 4 drops hot sauce
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in glass dish.
- Marinate 2 hours at room temperature.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn and broil 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Do not overcook!
- Shrimp can be served over rice or pasta.
Great flavor! The only change I made was to omit the hot sauce and it still had a great flavor. Served this over a spinach salad and it made for a nice light lunch. I am the only one who eats seafood so used 1/2 the marinade for 8 large shrimp. Made for Cookbook Tag.
These are some really tasty shrimp. There are only 2 of us so I used only 1 lb of shrimp and 1/2 cup olive oil. I used the full amount of all the other ingredients. Loved them!!! I put them on skewers and threw them the grill for about 4-5 minutes per side. We definately enjoyed this dinner, served it with Recipe #295835 and it was a great combination. This recipe was reviewed for the Fall 2008 PAC.