Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is our go-to gravy recipe, which was adapted from Nava Atlas' book, Vegan Express. It is fat-free.
- 1 cup vegetable broth (Kitchen Basics brand unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (if scaling recipe, use 1/2 tablespoon mixed in a little water, for every cup of additional broth use)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- Heat the broth and Bragg's in a small saucepan.
- In a small container, combine the cornstarch with just enough water to dissolve.
- When the broth mixture is at a steady simmer, slowly add the cornstarch mixture, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the basil and yeast flakes.