Easy Make-Ahead Turkey Gravy
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups turkey broth
- salt and pepper
- pan drippings from turkey
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and whisk in flour.
- Cook over medium-high heat until flour is incorporated and white bubbles begin to form on the top of the roux.
- Cook the roux for 2-3 minute after the white bubbles have formed, whisking constantly.
- Gradually add the broth, whisking constantly until the gravy is thickened and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- At this point, you can cool, cover and refrigerate the gravy base for as long as 4 days. Reheat in a medium-sized pan. When turkey is done, skim off fat and pour drippings into gravy base and bring it to serving temperature.
Join The Conversation