Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Upside-down peach cobbler--the batter goes in the pan before the peaches.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups peaches, peeled pitted, and thinly sliced (about 5 to 6 medium peaches)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 dashes ground cinnamon (optional) or 3 dashes ground nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F degrees.
- Pour the melted butter in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- In medium bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in the milk and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter over the butter. DO NOT mix together.
- In a small saucepan, combine the peaches, lemon juice, and the remaining cup of sugar; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour the peaches over the batter, but do not stir in; sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
This was easy and tasty, but not nearly enough peaches for us. It was mostly cobbler with some peach thrown in and I added 5 cups. Next time I would definitely add 6-8 cups of fruit. I also cut the sugar in the fruit to 1/2 cup and it was still very sweet. I did add the cinnamon and would try nutmeg too next time. Served it with vanilla ice cream.. Thanks!
My fiancee is a chef and doesn't really enjoy sweet things, but he does like peaches. So when I found this recipe and made it for him he went crazy. He told me it was the best cobbler he has ever had and he would serve it at his restaurant. Most decidedly a keeper! I thought it had all the peaches it needed
DELICIOUS! I read through LOTS of peach cobbler recipes trying to decide which one I would like to make and I kept coming back to this one and I'm glad I did. I must admit, boiling the peaches with the sugar was something I thought a bit unconventional, but is totally necessary in this recipe. I threw in a cup of fresh blueberries with the fresh peaches, and added a little cinnamon, fresh grated nutmeg and a pinch of cardamom to the flour/sugar mixture. I also did the same to to the cobbler right before the whole thing went into the oven. It was so delicious and so EASY. Mine baked in a 9x13 in about 38 minutes. It was deep golden brown so I pulled it out. PERFECT! Thanks for posting such a wonderful recipe. It's a keeper!