Recipe by ~Bekah~
This is a fancy looking and tasting dessert, which is a snap to make! From my local paper.
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1⁄3 cup brandy
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup berries (fresh or frozen raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In metal mixing bowl, whisk together all except the berries.
- Pour into double boiler or over simmering water in a saucepan if you don't have one.
- Whisk the sabayon (that's what it is now!) continuously until thick which takes about 5 minutes.
- This should look a lot like softly whipped cream and easily coat the back of a spoon.
- Divide berries among 4 serving dishes.
- Large wine glasses work well.
- Equally pour the sabayon over the berries.