Chicken Cordon Bleu Crepes
photo by ~*Miss Diggy*~
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 2⁄3 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cooked ham
- minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, wisk the flour, eggs and milk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 7-in. skillet. Pour about 2 tablespoons batter into the skillet; lift and tilt pan to evenly coat the bottom. Cook until the top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the skillet as needed. Place waxed paper betweeen crepes. Sprinkle chicken, ham and swiss cheese over crepes. Roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- For the sauce, in a small saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and bouillon until blended. Gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Stir in swiss cheese and ham until cheese is melted. Pour 2/3 cup sauce over crepes. Bake uncovered, at 350' for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with remaining sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
For the work it takes to make the chicken, crepes, sauce, etc., this dish wasn't worth it to me. I found the flavor very ordinary and single-noted, though I did try to make some additions to spice it up. Sorry, but I won't be making this again. Filled crepes should taste a bit more special than this!
WOWEE!!! I am completely taken by this recipe. The only thing I changed was using muenster cheese instead because I had it on hand, and I also do not like swiss all that well. This is a fantastic way to produce an excellent dinner for company, and it really isnt all that hard. Thanks Leezah! WONDERFUL!!!
see 2 more reviews