1/8 Photos of Easy French Onion Soup
Elizabeth Fullerton's Note:
This soup is simple to make after work. My husband thinks it is as good if not better than any we've ever had in a restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place onions and butter in saucepan.
- 2Sauté on medium heat until onions are tender.
- 3Add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes (don't let garlic burn).
- 4Add beef broth, consomme, and Woschershire sauce.
- 5Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- 6Take ovenproof bowls (I use over-sized coffee mugs) and place 0.125 cup of cheese in bottom of each bowl.
- 7Fill bowl with soup leaving room at the top.
- 8Place toasted French bread on top.
- 9Top with 0.125 cup Swiss cheese.
- 10Place under broiler until cheese is bubbly.
- 11Serve immediately.
- 12Caution--bowls will be hot!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy French Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.3
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 1658.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 19.9 g