This soup is simple to make after work. My husband thinks it is as good if not better than any we've ever had in a restaurant.
- Place onions and butter in saucepan.
- Sauté on medium heat until onions are tender.
- Add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes (don't let garlic burn).
- Add beef broth, consomme, and Woschershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Take ovenproof bowls (I use over-sized coffee mugs) and place 0.125 cup of cheese in bottom of each bowl.
- Fill bowl with soup leaving room at the top.
- Place toasted French bread on top.
- Top with 0.125 cup Swiss cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
- Caution--bowls will be hot!